Sunday, January 17, 2016

Some Snacky Therapy for the Mid-Winter Blahs

If you're like our family, you're probably starting to grow weary of the short, cold, lack-of-sunshine days, and you might need a little pick-me-up. I made the recipe below a few weeks ago, and it was one of those rare moments when the angels sang, the stars and planets aligned just right, and everyone loved these things. Everyone. The husband, the kids, the husband’s co-workers . . . everyone. (My son commented, “I like these peanut butter meatballs!”) Granted, these do have chocolate chips in them, but then there’s also that flaxseed meal that everyone raves about. How bad can these be?




Peanut Butter Energy Bites

1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup all-natural peanut butter
½ cup ground flaxseed meal
½ cup mini chocolate chips
⅓ cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract


Mix all of the ingredients together well. Roll into balls the size of your choice (I made mine using a fairly large cookie scoop). Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to a week (mine haven’t made it past two days yet).

--Andrea

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering if those were any good ... saw them on Pinterest. Will have to see if my picky eaters will like them. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete