Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday Favorites: February 12, 2016 Edition

Stacey's Favorites:

Since I love a theme, I went for all pink faves today!

First up is this cutie patootie dish drying mat! I found this at the DG (also known as the Dollar General for you city folk). When you live out in the boondocks, the DG is literally the only store around. I've got a great panty purchase story from there, but I'll save it for later! HI-larious! Anywho . . . as I began decorating for Valentine's, I wanted something a little more than an old dish towel to put down for drying dishes. While perusing the aisles, I found this one, and have really loved it! It is a sweet little decorative addition, but more importantly functions top-notch; you know, when I'm totally on my game and very June Cleaver-like wash a single dish or spoon and place it to dry.  Yeah! Those days!


Second are these two festive staples: for a while, I got really into cake decorating. I'm so not a big sweet eater, so fear of consuming the goods was never an occupational hazard. But THIS cake--oh, my. There is just something about strawberry cupcakes with strawberry icing that brings out my inner pigtail self. They remind me of homemade Valentines and cherished class parties. Yum yum yum!


Last, but certainly not least, is this lil' gem. About six years ago, my sweet honey brought this home. He always jokes that he will never be able to buy me a big enough car to carry all my "stuff."  He also knows I am also ridiculously headstrong against making more than one trip (drives me nuts)!  So he got me this cute, pink, lightweight, and collapsible hand truck. It stays in the back of my 'burb and is used quite often! I love it and would be huffing and puffing without it! Forget Jared . . . my man went to Lowe's!


Andrea's Favorites:

All this talk about love this week has made me appreciate my husband even more (if that's possible)! He is husband first and then father, and that loving leadership provides a peaceful balance to our home . . . most of the time! He works hard, plays with our children, and loves us all fervently . . . he even puts up with my crush on the fictional Seeley Booth.

Bonus: he finally shaved off that stupid beard he's had since September.

Now, to celebrate this lovey-dovey week, I think red nails are in order. This one is a favorite:



OPI's "Romantically Involved." I bought a bottle of this about a week before Valentine's Day last year. When I asked the sales associate for the color I wanted, she said, "Oh, part of the Fifty Shades of Grey collection!" (Surprisingly, I actually knew what she was talking about, but only because a former Once Upon a Time character appeared in that movie . . . put me under the category of several shades of vanilla.) Anyway, offensive movie or not, I bought the polish, and it's a gorgeous red for this time of year. When everything is dead and nothing is blooming, I need a good burst of color.

How about these stinkin' cute things:



Don't you just love hair ties? Yes, I have heard many times that these are easy to make and that you can make a hundred for the cost of one pack, blah, blah, blah . . . but I have to tell you, it was pretty fast and easy to stroll into Charming Charlie's and buy a whole pack of these cuties. I loved the 90s, but scrunchies were never this fun.

So when I'm snuggled up in my sweats and my Target slippers (I now own the cream, the purple, and the pink, y'all . . . couldn't love them more) with my red nails and my Happy Heart hair ties, there's a pretty good chance I'll be under a blanket reading a good novel; this book is one of my all-time favorites:  



I've adored nearly every book that Lori Wick has ever written (I'm quite despondent about the fact that she seems to have retired from writing), but this one is my favorite of hers. This is not a fluffy romance novel (I cannot hang with those)--my books have to have some meat, and this one qualifies. Wick tells the story of an amazing woman from Czechoslovakia who moves to America and helps a grieving family heal . . . I can't tell you how much I love this beautiful book! I've read it at least three times over the years, and I think it may be time for another re-read!

Happy Friday, everyone . . . celebrate some love and friendship this weekend!

--Stacey and Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment